Evolving with the trends
Pamela Salai photography photographing high school seniors
The field of photography, like any other creative field, is constantly evolving. Technology, trends, and styles are always changing, which means that photographers must keep up with the times if they want to remain relevant and competitive.
While it’s not a hard and fast rule, many photographers recommend evolving your style and approach every 5-10 years. This doesn’t necessarily mean abandoning everything you’ve done before but rather pushing yourself to try new things, experiment with new techniques, and explore different genres or subjects.
Evolving as a photographer is important for several reasons. First, it keeps your work fresh and exciting for you and your audience. Second, it allows you to stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies, which can help you produce higher-quality work. And finally, it challenges you to continue growing and learning, which is essential for any artist who wants to stay inspired and motivated.
That being said, there is no one-size-fits-all approach to evolving as a photographer. Some photographers may find that they need to make big changes every few years, while others may prefer to stick with what they know and refine their existing style over time. Ultimately, the most important thing is to stay true to yourself and your artistic vision while remaining open to new opportunities and growth opportunities.
With that all being said. I have officially decided to take on more high school seniors. I will still be offering child, family, and maternity photography (for now). I am excited to see where this new path will take me.
Advertising for high school senior photography can be a great way to reach potential clients and showcase your photography skills. Here are some tips for advertising your services:
- Create a portfolio: Build a portfolio of your best work, showcasing your style and capabilities. Highlight your previous senior photo shoots, emphasizing the unique and creative shots you took. You can showcase your portfolio on your website or on social media platforms.
- Use social media: Social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter are great tools for advertising your services. Post your portfolio and highlight previous shoots on your social media pages. Utilize hashtags, tagging, and mentions to reach a wider audience.
- Collaborate with influencers: Reach out to influencers in the senior class and offer them a free photo shoot in exchange for sharing your work on their social media pages. This can be a great way to generate buzz around your work.
- Partner with local businesses: Partner with local businesses, like dress shops, hair salons, or makeup artists, to offer a package deal for senior photoshoots. This can help you reach new clients and offer added value to your services.
- Attend local events: Attend local events like high school sports games or performances, and hand out flyers or business cards. This can help you reach your target audience and get your name out there.
- Offer referral discounts: Encourage your clients to refer their friends by offering referral discounts or other incentives. This can help you generate new business and build a loyal customer base.
Remember, the key to successful advertising is to be creative, consistent, and authentic. Good luck!
Pamela Salai Photography is a Pittsburgh local. I specialize in Child Photography, maternity, and family, and now HS seniors!
Pamela photographs in the surrounding areas: not limited to McCandles Township, Wexford, Franklin Township, Sewickley Township, Butler County, Cranberry Township, and Washington County.
Available for travel (fees apply)
If you would like more information regarding booking a custom session with Pamela Salai Photography, please click here or contact me directly by clicking on the contact button at the top of my website or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I use natural light and organic settings to create custom magic for each session.